[leaflet-map lat=39 lng=-84.5 zoom=7 width=575 height=250 align="right"]
Map point data provided by iDigBio.
- C1 Sequence (Economy, Southgate, McMicken)
Identification in Hand Sample
- Zoarium Morphology: Bifoliate or encrusting; or hollow ramose
- Zoecia: Subcircular to circular. Walls thick, boundary jagged or indistinct
- Mesozooids: Few
- Monticules: Small, with central cluster of exilazooecia; center sometimes subsolid
- Maculae: Zooecia in monticules sometimes larger
- Distinguished from C. alternatum by the more robust growth, well marked maculae with subsolid centers (closed mesopores) surrounded by apertures somewhat larger than normal.
- Abundant in the Eden, most common in the Economy.