Originally: named Chaetetes gracilis; Also previously known as Monticulipora (Heterotrypa) gracilis, Bythopora gracilis, Homotrypella gracilis, Bythopora meeki, Homotrypella meeki. (UGA Strat Lab)
Map point data provided by iDigBio.
- C4 Sequence (Arnheim)
- C3 Sequence (Mt. Auburn, Corryville)
- C2 Sequence (Bellevue)
Identification in Hand Sample
- Zoarium Morphology: Ramose, small angle between branches; slender branches
- Zoecia: Small, circular or oval; thin-walled; acanthopores small and usually numerous
- Mesozooids: Small, subcircular openings
- Monticules: Surface smooth
- Maculae: N/A
Batostomella gracilis from unknown formation of Hamilton County, Ohio (CMCIP 57500)
Steven Holland (UGA Strat Lab, 2013)
- Although another species (B. deliculata) is mentioned in the literature, its occurrence is limited to the Saluda formation (UGA), and thus B. gracilis is generally the most common and abundant species of Batostomella throughout the Cincinnatian.
- Note small angle between branches, small apertures, and smooth surface