[leaflet-map lat=39 lng=-84.5 zoom=7 width=575 height=250 align="right"]
Map point data provided by iDigBio.
- C1 Sequence (Clays Ferry/Kope)
Identification in Hand Sample
- Zoarium Morphology: Branching, sometimes anastomosing; narrowly compressed branches; 1.5-2mm in diameter; dividing at intervals of 4.5 mm
- Zoecia: Elliptical to sub-rectangular; arranged in multiple, long, straight rows; 16-18 in 2mm
- Mesozooids: Few
- Monticules: none/inconspicuous
- Zoaria ramose, branching irregularly; zoarial branches with narrow, poorly defined, branch margins. Mesothecae generally straight with closely spaced median rods. In exozones, autozooecia with straight to slightly curved lateral walls and abundant, closely spaced mural styles centered on autozooecial boundaries, scattered in autozooecial walls. Vesicular wall structure absent. Autozooecial chambers elliptical in cross section, without hemisepta. Basal diaphragms generally absent in autozooecia of most zoaria. Maculae sparse, or lacking in most zoaria.
- Description: External features – Zoarium small, branching dichotomously; branches with marginal edges commonly rounded; zooecial cavities ovate, oblique to zoarial surface, with somewhat larger cavities, directed outward, in marginal ranges; approximately 4 to 10 ranges per branch; ranges demarcated by relatively wide, slightly elevated laterally adjacent walls; zoarial attachment apparently formed by an encrusting irregular basal expansion.
- Internal features – Zooecia probably rectangular with straight to curved walls in endozone; cavities ovate to sub circular in exozone (pI. 8, fig. 2c). Zooecial walls in exozone relatively thick with smooth to angular zooecial bends at base of exozone, form medium to large angle with mesotheca. Range boundaries straight to flexuous (pI. 8, figs. la, 2a, 2c); zooecial boundaries poorly to well defined (pI. 8, figs. 2b, 2c). Mural tubuli within range boundaries well defined in closely spaced single rows (pI. 8, fig. 2c); those in zooecial walls of exozone randomly spaced, rare of absent. Median tubuli closely spaced in mesotheca. Diaphragms thin, rare; vesicular tissue rare, poorly defined.
- Narrow branches, 1.5-2mm in diameter, dividing at intervals of 4.5 mm. Zooecia in 9 (8-11) longitudinal rows, oblique with elliptical apertures ~16-18 in 2mm. 6 rows occur in the same distance. Interspaces comparatively thick, with a series of small granules. Apertures of marginal rows directed outward in some specimens